"Me and My D3" on TOP

The Online Photographer (TOP) is one of the few photography blogs I read regularly. Mike Johnston's recent post, "Me and My D3," is one to which I can relate very well. Although much tempted by the latest, greatest in tech, things have gotten to the point where the latest gear offers much more than I can use. Shortly after the Canon 5D was released, folks on the DPReview forums began to clamor for more features, such as weather sealing, 45-point autofocus, more megapixels, etc. The only things I can think of to want are a smaller, lighter camera, and more dynamic range (DR). Unfortunately, my desires seem to be in a different direction than most, so I doubt I'll see them met in the near future. In fact, given a choice between putting 5 more MP or 1 stop more DR in the 5D replacement, I'm pretty sure Canon would choose the former though I would certainly prefer the latter. It's no problem though. I'm content where I stand gearwise, and technology will undoubtedly bring me my compact 35mm digital camera with tons of DR before long. In the meanwhile, the latest pro bodies we're seeing from Canon and Nikon are sure to delight those who need all of those amazing features.

Posted by Amin

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru