Sigma DP2 Samples at Carl Rytterfalk Photography

Sigma photographer Carl Rytterfalk has posted his initial impressions of the Sigma DP2 along with nine full size samples.

Have a look: Carl Rytterfalk Photography - “Initial DP2 review with full size shots..”

To me, these look like DP1 files. Even the ISO 3200 B&W file looks like an ISO 800 DP1 file which has been deliberately underexposed and pushed two stops. All of this is as expected. The new bit is Carl's impression that the DP2 is faster in operation with "much improved" shot to shot time. When pushed for details, Carl wrote the following:

Hi Stills, Actually my initial response was that it felt very much the same as the DP1 - on daily basis you don’t normally think of the Dp1’s speed as an issue.

But in the studio where I tried the DP2 the other day I know that DP1 was problematic and the DP2 shot to shot speed didn’t feel like an issue at all. I’ll get back to this with timing as I did none what so ever.

Also the startup time is a bit improved.

Posted by Amin

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru