Adobe Lightroom 1.1 Adds GX100 Support and More


My RAW processor of choice is Phase One's Capture One (C1) software. With the 5D, I find that C1 handles color (using a custom profile), noise, and detail more to my taste than anything else I have tried, all the while providing an efficient and intuitive workflow. For my cameras which are not supported by C1 (Leica Digilux 2, Leica D-LUX 2, and Ricoh GX100), I continue to search for a similar solution.

Adobe Lightroom has an intuitive workflow and some unique features, including some nice tools for tuning shadow and highlight detail and great control over black and white conversions. One area I have found it to be lacking is in the way it handles noise and sharpening. I was therefore excited to read that the new release, version 1.1, is said by Adobe to be improved in this regard. I was also pleased to see added support for the Ricoh GX100. I'm looking forward to trying it and hope to hear feedback from some of you as well.

Posted by Amin

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru