A Day in NYC with the GX100


I took my two- and four-year-old sons to New York City yesterday. For the most part I was carrying, chasing, and pushing the boys around. In between, I had time to do a bit of street shooting. I used my new Ricoh GX100 in B&W JPEG mode (wanted to try this instead of shooting RAW as usual), snap focus and ISO 80-200. It was a bright day, so the EVF was handy not only because I prefer to compose with viewfinder, but also because the sunlight washed out the rear LCD. I blew a ton of highlights and should have dialed in more negative EC.

Click here for the set.

Thanks for looking!

Posted by Amin

2 comments:

Anonymous said... July 12, 2007 at 7:03 PM  

I was considering the Ricoh Caplio GX100 as a second camera, and after seeing your NewYork series I am ready to buy it as soon as I gather the €490 needed.
Apart from that, I have enjoyed the series a lot. Were they shot directly in B/W? I hate conversions from colour.

Amin said... July 12, 2007 at 8:31 PM  

Luisa, Thank you for the kind comment. I did shoot these directly in B&W JPEG. What is it about conversions from color that you hate exactly? I enjoy both methods, though for street photos I'm finding that I prefer shooting directly in B&W.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru